Administrative Assistant (Part Time 10 months) - Parker, CO
Company: Leman Academy of Excellence
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Administrative Assistant (Part Time 10 months) - Parker, CO
Leman Academy of Excellence offers a rigorous, classical education
based on the traditions of Western culture where all disciplines
are interrelated allowing scholars the ability to think
independently and critically. We purpose to partner with supportive
parents, pursue excellence, provide a safe and challenging
environment, and instill morals and values in order to produce
tomorrows leaders today.
Core Values are the key to defining our culture. They drive our
decisions and shape our behavior. Below are the Core Values for
Leman Academy of Excellence:
CARE: Every precaution is taken to ensure a safe and secure
environment for every scholar, staff and guests.
CIVILITY: Every scholar, family and employee is treated with
respect and as a valued individual.
COMMUNITY: We strive to build a community where all stakeholders
are motivated to be involved and feel connected and valued.
CLASSICAL EDUCATION: Oversight and training is in place to ensure
we are offering a rigorous, scholar-centered, classical education
program including high expectations, values and virtues and
providing scholars an environment of engaged learning.
General Job Description
The Administrative Assistant serves as a member of the Office Staff
of Leman Academy of Excellence to help meet the needs of the
community of the school. The Administrative Assistant serves
visitors to Leman Academy by greeting, welcoming, and directing
them appropriately; will notify appropriate Administrative Team
members or faculty and staff of visitor arrival; maintains security
and telecommunications system. Will supply appropriate information
regarding Leman Academy to our families, community, and surrounding
groups of interest.
Line of Authority/Reports to: The Administrative Assistant shall be
directly responsible to the Office Manager and the Principal and
will work closely with the Office Staff to assure the smooth,
efficient operation of the K-7 school office.
Job Goal: To perform such actions as required to establish a warm
and welcoming atmosphere as the Administrative Assistant will often
be the first impression of our school to families and visitors as
well as providing the necessary clerical responsibilities required
for the administration of the school in order to assure the smooth,
efficient operation of the K-8 school office.
* Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Colorado Fingerprint Clearance and background check.
* First Aid and CPR Certification.
* Prior experience working in a schools front office preferred with
a working knowledge of school organization and procedures.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to
positively impact the school community with an ability to build
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with
scholars, parents, co-workers and the public at large.
* Strong commitment to supporting the principles of excellence in
* Ability to manage conflict resolution with an attitude of
humility and service.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel,
Word, etc.) and familiar with other related software programs.
* Working knowledge of Information Technology related to the
scholar Accountability Information System (SAIS) software program
OR- a willingness to learn and effectively understand such a
* Ability to work independently prioritizing tasks to meet
deadlines maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to
* Ability to operate office equipment as required on assignment;
i.e. fax machine, copier, computer, etc.
* Ability to set-up and use an efficient filing system.
* Ability to compile information, prepare reports, maintain
confidentiality in performing assigned tasks, adopt effective
courses of action, and deal effectively with parents, staff, and
the general public requiring knowledge of school policies and
* Ability to perform secretarial and administrative support
functions requiring independent judgment, decision-making and
* Ability to lift boxes and packages of varying weights and move
them to other locations.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
* Answer and manage incoming calls / take and relay messages.
* Receive and interact professionally with parents, scholars and
* Greet all persons entering school office of Leman Academy by name
* Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
* Direct persons to correct destination.
* Provide general administrative and clerical support.
* Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations,
and other documents.
* Review Attendance and call absent scholar families
* General Administrative & clerical support to Administration,
Faculty & Staff
* Receive and distribute mail and maintain postal supplies.
* Record, transcribe, and distribute incoming communications.
* Receive and help process records requests (if needed) in a timely
* Collect fees and issue receipts to parents as needed.
* Assist faculty with copying and other class preparation.
* Assist with scheduling appointments.
* Maintain front office area related to appearance.
* Maintain confidentiality per FERPA.
* Support administration by performing other related duties as
Work Habits and Attitudes:
* Be a self-starter with an ownership attitude.
* Have a strong sense of drive to meet goals.
* Shows initiative and resourcefulness.
* Performs accurate work in a timely manner.
* Meets deadlines and sets priorities.
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
* Works well with minimum supervision.
* Is dependable and accepts responsibility.
* Shows sensitivity and tact in dealing with others.
* Accepts direction and constructive criticism.
* Cooperates with fellow workers and other departments.
* Follows school policies and safety rules.
* Demonstrates a professional appearance on a daily basis.
* Demonstrates a willingness to work as a team player.
* Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills.
* Maintains a professional environment at all times.
Position Type: Full Time
Campus: Parker, CO
Essential functions, as defined under the American with
Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills and other characteristics. This list is illustrative only
and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks
Salary Range: $13-16 per hour
Additional Stipends May be Available.
Leman Academy offers a very competitive benefits package and
overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience
As a Leman Academy of Excellence Employee, you shall be afforded
benefits if you work thirty (30) hours or more each week, all as
prescribed in the Personnel Policies of the School, and such
revision thereof as are made and approved by the Board of Directors
of the School all of which have been adopted by the School.
Benefits eligibility and enrollment for Employees working thirty
(30) hours or more per week include but are not limited to:
* Voluntary medical insurance, vision plan, and dental plan;
enrollment for Employees beginning employment are effective the
first of the month following start date of full time employment
unless agreed upon by administration.
* Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long and
Short Term Disability benefits are effective the first day of the
month following start date of full time employment.
* Leman is a PERA Employer.
* If the Employee is terminated, the Employee will be covered with
all benefits described above until the last day of the month in
which they terminate.
* Benefits eligibility and enrollment continue for current
admin/Employees who sign a new Agreement. Retirement plan and
long-term disability eligibility and enrollment are based on the
beginning date of employment in the initial Agreement.
Leman Academy of Excellence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Leman Academy of Excellence, Parker , Administrative Assistant (Part Time 10 months) - Parker, CO, Administration, Clerical , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!