Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Seeking an I&C Engineer for a water treatment plant to
provide technical expertise and assistance in support of the
Organization's SCADA and instrumentation and controls systems
(I&C). The position implements and monitors I&C-related
technical programs, maintains equipment and structures used in the
collection, transportation, storage, and processing of water and
wastewater, performs corrective and preventative maintenance on
instrumentation, electronic and electrical operating control
systems, equipment, fixtures, and devices.
Why work here?:
- Located in beautiful Denver, CO area
- Organization in operation for over 50 years
- Excellent working environment with a relaxed
- Benefits package include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short
and Long-term Disability, Pension, 401A paid by the
- No travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
(Equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- 4 + years experience in electrical and electronic construction,
repair, and maintenance, preferably in a water or wastewater
treatment industry, hydroelectric plant, power plant or similar
- Knowledge and experience programming of PLC, HMI, OI, and SCADA
- Ability to read, use and update electrical, electronic piping,
and instrument drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and domain networking,
TCP/IP network systems, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of computerized instrumentation systems,
transformers, switches, control panels, and electronic components
of telemetry systems and components.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures relating to
electrical controls and equipment.
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours and days as
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures accuracy of I&C wiring diagrams, schematics, and
other related site documentation
- Performs skilled shop and field tasks including the
installation, calibration, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting,
tuning, and repair of electronic/electro-mechanical equipment and
telemetry, communications, control, SCADA, instrumentation, and
protective relay systems.
- Assists in designing, evaluating, installing, tuning, and
calibrating microprocessor-based instrumentation and control system
components; performs programming of automated process control
equipment, PLCs, RTU’s, and SCADA system devices.
- Assists in designing and installing electrical circuits,
relays, switchgear, wiring, electronic alarms, and telemetering
equipment used in the operation and monitoring of 480v and, water
pumps, and telemetry systems.
- Assists in engineering design with RTU Panel Fabrication, both
new and existing panels; and hardware design and software
programming utilizing standards as required.
- Performs software firmware or revision updates to the necessary
- Works with the different types of Ethernet protocols for the
various instruments or control systems.
- Assists in managing and organizing load files from the control
equipment with revisions and updates on the appropriate servers
related to the team.
- Trains the department members on any new hardware equipment or
- Troubleshoots, repairs, tests, rebuilds, programs, and/or
calibrates water treatment instrumentation; tests and monitors
automated control devices, electrical relays, electrical and
mechanical pump parts, motors, VFDs, pressure control valves, and
other electronic control equipment.
- Work with operations staff to troubleshoot equipment failures
- Tests and repairs cathodic protection systems.
- Prepares required reports and schedules and coordinates
- Performs testing, maintenance, and repairs on metering and
recording instruments, control apparatus, data logging, and display
equipment, communications and telemetering systems, and laboratory
- Reads and interprets manuals and schematic drawings.
- Maintains records and reports of work performed, uses asset
management software, and participates on the asset management
- Updates schematic drawings to reflect as-built
- Interacts with the public, outside agencies, and employees
concerning complaints, procedures, standards, and specs, as well as
setting up contractual documentation as needed.
Salary range is $70-104k
Keywords: Job Juncture, Parker , I&C Engineer, Engineering , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!