Director, Digital Processing Applications
Company: Lockheed Martin
Posted on: January 13, 2022
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees,
families and communities. With employee health and safety as our
top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is
taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID
variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments
to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request
vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new
hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated
will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet - or any other - are
with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer,
partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission
to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our
skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to
some of the worlds ' hardest engineering problems. Our culture
encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and
create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration
and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we
want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking a thought leader to drive the strategy and execution
of the Edge Processing COE (EPCoE) Applications directorate. This
leader will evolve the application strategy to ensure alignment
with mission needs, driving affordability through technology
evolution. In addition, this leader will also be responsible for
developing the path forward for the EPCoE 's re-skilling of the
applications workforce to focus on artificial intelligence (AI) /
machine learning (ML) fusion with existing engineering disciplines.
This leader will shape the future by driving the strategy,
development and adoption of enterprise solutions across Space.
In this position you will:
- Define and drive EPCoE application solutions and investment.
- Understand and define the path to leverage AI across the
Applications directorate disciplines.
- Identify opportunities for increased synergy across programs
leveraging EPCoE application solutions.
- Provide oversight and awareness of opportunities for
collaboration, processes and tools to accelerate and improve
quality of application products.
- Engage in architecture definition, technology development and
insertion, and technical trades with an emphasis on commonality,
best practices and value.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing, enhance skills and facilitate
career advancement opportunities of EPCoE application
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Chief
Engineers and Program Managers.
- Design and deliver affordable mission enabling capabilities
raising the bar within the industry technical, schedule and cost
project management of critical solutions through all of the
development lifecycle from concept development to delivery.
- Implement and lead technical knowledge management to develop and
maintain key technical skills, knowledge continuity, talent
pipeline health and facilitate career advancement opportunities to
- Support technology and mission analysis investment assessments
and ensuring integration into technology roadmaps.
- Enable common usage of qualified product designs across multiple
applications in Space thereby strengthening designs and
facilitating knowledge sharing of successful past work performed
with the Lines of Business, suppliers and other Lockheed Martin
- Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership through leading and scaling
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an
inclusive work environment that encourages differences and
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of
life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours
annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- 10 years of technical leadership with proven experience leading
employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a
cross-functional team environment
- 12 years of technical experience with demonstrated expertise in
development of hardware/software systems
- Experience driving a technical strategy from inception through
- Experience managing technical, schedule and cost for a program or
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the
proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and
- Related Engineering degree
- US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and
maintain TS/SCI clearance.
- Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex and
large-scale technical issues/challenges
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical talent and
building pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They
're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity
to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin 's vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers ' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Parker , Director, Digital Processing Applications, Executive , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!