Service Manager - $1000 Sign On Bonus
Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Shea Properties - Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are
interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate.
With a portfolio that includes 10,000 apartment units and 6 million
square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and
Washington-and an amazing pipeline of future projects-Shea
Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the
collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our
leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea's
Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork
and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WORKWITHSHEA.com and
follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.
The Service (Maintenance) Manager is responsible for managing the
day-to-day maintenance of this apartment community in accordance
with Shea Properties standards, policies and procedures. The
Service Manager performs and/or delegates specific carpentry,
plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, masonry, appliance and other
general and preventative maintenance repairs. The pay range for
this position is $26.90 - $32.57/hour and the Service Manager is
also eligible to participate in the renewal or maintenance program
and the annual discretionary bonus plan. JF Shea offers a
competitive benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical,
vision, 401K, disability, life insurance, discounted apartment
(based on availability) and cell phone allowance.
* Prioritizes, completes and/or delegates maintenance work and
maintenance service requests for the apartment community.Completes
related paper work in an accurate and timely manner.Utilizes
computer software to track the status of open and closed work
* Assigns work orders and reviews safety requirements on each;
review with the service technician as appropriate.
* Must participate and lead lineup.
* Performs and/or delegates specific carpentry, plumbing, painting,
electrical, HVAC, masonry and other general maintenance in
accordance with Company standards and local city, state and federal
building codes when applicable.May repair/maintain various property
emergency and security systems.
* Schedules apartment maintenance turnover process per established
policies.Inspects all rent ready apartments to ensure all
maintenance items are completed and the apartment is ready for
* Completes move-out checklist assigning appropriate resident
move-out charges, and forwards invoices to the management office
for approval and completion of the statement of deposit.
* Assists in obtaining competitive bids for budgeted maintenance
and capital improvements as requested by the Community Manager or
* Schedules and inspects all vendor/contractor work performed to
ensure quality and completeness, and compliance with company
* Purchases inventory supplies adhering to the property budget and
company polices and procedures.
* Reviews, codes, and approves all vendor invoices in Avid
* In conjunction with the Community Manager, participates in the
preparation and management of the operating budget and monthly
* Inspects the physical apartment site including all garages,
carports, driveways, streets, stucco, siding, pools, saunas,
building, recreational facilities, identifying all areas in need of
immediate or future repairs and maintenance and provides an
inspection report to the Community manager for review at the end of
* Conducts weekly property inspection of all common areas of the
property and completes the Property Inspection Checklist informing
the Community Manager of all extraordinary items, and scheduling
all required work.
* Makes recommendations to the Community Manager on new
technologies, methods, and materials for improving operating
* Schedules and/or provides on-call maintenance for evenings,
weekends and holidays per company policy.
* Provides and maintains his/ her own hand tools customarily used
in the industry and building trades.
* Conducts bi-weekly safety meetings in accordance with Shea
Properties written HAZCOM Program.
* Participates in staff selection/interview process. Recruits,
hires, and trains all service staff under the approval and
direction of the Community Manager and Regional Manager.
* In conjunction with the Community Manager, supervises and
provides support and direction to the service staff. Resolves
personnel issues and supports team building with positive and open
* Under direction and approval of the Community Manager, prepares
annual reviews for all direct reports, sets goals and objectives
and implements Development Plans for all associates as needed..
* Supports and motivates staff to participate in company sponsored
classes and provided training. Ensures compliance with all
* Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the
* Schedules on-call maintenance, per policy, for evenings, weekends
and holidays as scheduled.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
* Ability to perform advanced level maintenance related tasks.
* Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to give
clear direction and respond to inquiries.Must be able to speak
effectively to customers.
* Understanding of budget process. Ability to read and interpret
* Provide exceptional customer service.
* Project management skills including planning, organizing, and
* Negotiate and resolve conflicts.
* Ability to operate hand tools.
* Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
* Prior experience in managing a staff (supervise, train, coach,
develop, motivate, interview, hire, terminate) and lead by
* Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
(Word/Excel/Outlook) and Yardi preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years property management experience performing
maintenance related job duties and with at least 1 year at the
management level preferred.
The Service Manager works on-site at an apartment community and
interfaces with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors
on a regular basis. The position work schedule (days/hours) varies
depending on the property. Hours are usually scheduled from 8 a.m.
- 5 p.m.or 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and are typically scheduled to
work a weekend day (Sat and/or Sun). Must be available to work
over-time as needed and work on-call schedule. The Service Manager
should be flexible and readily available depending on the needs of
the property. Must be able to travel as needed, 10-15% of the
The Service Manager physical condition must be sufficient for the
consistent and successful completion of the specific
responsibilities defined for this position and for his/her
performance to be in complete conformance with all professional
standards defined for this position. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit,
use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl, talk, and hear. May be required to lift and/or move up to 50
pounds and operate power tools. Must be able to occasionally drive
during the course of work.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other
eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Parker , Service Manager - $1000 Sign On Bonus, Executive , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!