Security Officer - Parker Adventist Hospital $18/hr
Company: HSS Inc.
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Overview:HSS is a drug-free workplace.POSITION SUMMARYProvides
direct security and related public services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities,
or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may
include but are not limited to areas such as the main building,
outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels,
mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional
ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with
emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are
not processing information, and be supportive or directive as
- Ability to physically intervene during crises. This includes
the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring
retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability
to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle
with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all
possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to
continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could
result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients
or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers,
client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and where
applicable of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the
client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader
and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks
in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM
training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security
procedures and policies
- Valid driver's license in the state in which you reside and the
ability to meet HSS' driving standards if applicable
- Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people
including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee,
patients, visitors, physicians and the general public
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and
email with the ability to learn other programs such as security
incident management software and/or client specific software
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist
people and provide protection
- Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed
in a TASER position and annually thereafter
- Ability to be exposed to a TASER
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state
license or permit to carry a TASER
- Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at
the discretion of the TASER instructor and/or HSS
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Conducted
Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS Taser Policy Policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONSWhile performing this job,
individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended
periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs,
and carry and operate fire extinguisher, emergency equipment or
other required equipment; help restrain or lift a person;
occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required
to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands
and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation
and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.Our
full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career
paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location.
- The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation Range: $18.00HSS will consider all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: HSS Inc., Parker , Security Officer - Parker Adventist Hospital $18/hr, Healthcare , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!