Medical Assistant Care Coordinator
Company: Rocky Vista University
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer that does not discriminate against an employee or
applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Category: Health Care
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University Health Clinic in Parker, CO has an opening
Medical Assistant Care Coordinator (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a
resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$15.00-$19.00 + per hour, the posted salary range represents the
minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full
compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The
salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based
on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill,
knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and
Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per
year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 paid
holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's
contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also
available for eligible positions.
RVU is is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Provides, obtains, or performs and documents direct patient care
and activities such as vital signs, ambulation, specimen
collection, height and weight, blood glucose testing, documentation
of O2, assistance with exams, treatments, and procedures. May also
complete 12 lead EKG testing.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide Direct Patient Care o Verify patient information and
record it in the EMR (Athena) o Obtain blood pressure, weight, and
temperature o Perform in office procedures such as, vaccinations,
Spirometry, EKG, phlebotomy, urine tests, throat and nasal cultures
and others as needed. o Maintain patient confidence by completing
and safeguarding medical records
- Assist Health Center Physicians o Help physicians with office
procedures and minor surgeries. o Perform simple wound management.
o Schedule patients for tests, follow up appointments. o Triage
patient calls and counsel patients by transmitting physician's
orders and answering questions.
- Greet patients at the front desk and verifying demographic and
insurance information. o Scan insurance card. o Review all
appropriate registration boxes to ensure all boxes are marked
according to policy. o Verify insurance information 1 day prior to
appointment. o Address any insurance issues with the patient prior
to their arrival at the clinic. o Collect copays and balances due.
o Monitor student shadow experience scheduling. o Mark missed
appointments as no-shows. o Ensure all new patient paperwork is
completed and inputted into the computer. o Complete all medical
records requests within 5 business days of receipt. o Scan and
import all patient records into the charts weekly. o Review and
work task box daily for practice and medical records. o Answer the
phones, schedule appointments and route calls appropriately.
- Review quality assurance reports o Manage quality assurance
reports from various insurances o Work quality metric work flow in
Athena (EMR) for compliance o Provide education and training to
physicians and staff
Marginal Job Functions
- Participate in clinic out reach activities such as, health
fairs, and community events
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
- Adhere to professional standard, policies and procedures,
federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhance practice reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a
flexible manner in order to meet current needs
- Perform job responsibilities as part of the team; interact well
with other members of the team.
- Participate in team and staff meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including helping or
substituting for the front desk Medical Office Specalists
- Participate in staff development programs and promote team
- Provide care management for complex patient needs by
coordinating care between physicians, specialists and in-home care
- Use a computer to check in patients and schedule
- Verify insurance according to RVHC guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of common office procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to learn a state-of-the-art electronic medical records
- Ability to interview patients and to obtain necessary medical
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with confidential medical records and maintain
HIPAA policy and procedure.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills as needed in the
medical office environment.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- less than 1 year related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- CNA experience
- Previous Nursing Assistant experience
- Phlebotomy experience
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Advocate/Assistant
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional
video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email
including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University, on the recommendation of the COVID-19
Response Team (CRT), implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for
all employees and students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate
exemptions may be considered, and individual state laws may
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard
to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make
reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are
essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Please see job description
Keywords: Rocky Vista University, Parker , Medical Assistant Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!