Security Shift Supervisor
Company: Rocky Vista University
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Rocky Vista UniversityRocky Vista University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate
against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista
University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Location:
US-CO-ParkerCategory: SecurityType: Full-TimeLocation, Job Title,
BenefitsRocky Vista University in Parker, Colorado has an immediate
opening for a Security Shift Supervisor (Full-Time)To be considered
for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter
and salary requirements.SALARY: $45,300 - $56,600+ per year, the
posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within
RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides
a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s)
selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors,
including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience,
education, and credentials.BENEFITS:RVU offers a full benefits
package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along
with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick
days per year, personal days, 13 paid holidays ( if security
officer works holiday you will be paid time and instead of holiday
pay ) and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University
(RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education
university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities
and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and
alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and
practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and
inclusion. RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.Primary PurposeResponsible for
ensuring the security and safety of all students, employees and
guests on the University property and; monitoring performance,
department core competencies, assisting with the compliance
requirements of the Clery Act, provide leadership in the
development and management of campus safety and security operations
as well as on-going training of Campus Safety Officers on
shiftEssential Job Functions
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to service excellence by
embodying the University's core values, mission, and vision in
every facet of the role while working with students, faculty,
staff, and guests.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the organizations safety and
security, while providing continuous quality work.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and approaches, follows safety
rules, prevents unsafe conditions and behaviors and participates in
organization and departmental safety programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of safety and security operations;
develop recommendations and implement plans to facilitate and
improve campus safety and security operations.
- Respond to incidents on campus; determine appropriate security
responses to incidents; conduct investigations and write reports;
contact and follow through with law enforcement authorities as
appropriate regarding crimes on campus.
- Assist in the development and coordination of various safety
programs and emergency response procedures, including the campus
safety and security.
- Establish and maintain contacts with relevant external agencies
concerned with safety and security.
- Operate public address and mass notification systems in the
event of an emergency and identify high risk areas and initiate
actions to reduce risk exposure.
- Assure, and assist, officers monitoring and patrolling all
internal and exterior areas of campus property.
- Planning and organizing of department training and staff
- Conduct a daily briefing with on duty officers.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, discretion, and
professionalism in managing sensitive situations and/or irate
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must be able to be on call for questions, emergencies and be
able to respond to the University in the event of a serious
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and
contributing to an inclusive working and learning
- Must obey and comply with all RVU policies and
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills necessary to
interact effectively with staff, faculty, students, visitors, local
and state agencies.
- Must be optimistic, positive, outgoing, personable and able to
relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Provide independent supervision of staff officers and report to
the Assistant Director or Director whenever necessary.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based multicultural
- Must be able to carry out policies and procedures, and balance
priorities or multiple projects while paying attention to detail
and a tolerance for working on multiple projects
- Computer skills such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must maintain strict adherence to departmental and University
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all
- Preferred knowledge of the Jeanne Clery Act and Violence
Against Women's' Act (VAWA).
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years management experience
- 1-3 years security and/or law enforcement experience.
- College degree
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug
screening.Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an
additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your
email including spam and promotions folder.Rocky Vista University,
on the recommendation of the COVID-19 Response Team (CRT),
implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees and
students effective July 1, 2021. Appropriate exemptions may be
considered, and individual state laws may apply.Rocky Vista
University is in full compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to
applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable
accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities
and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory
staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods
of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of
equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils,
calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices,
conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend
meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Keywords: Rocky Vista University, Parker , Security Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!