Network Engineer IV - CBO National Backbone
Posted on: October 10, 2020
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. The Network Engineer IV leads in the
planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of
resource requirements for network systems of high complexity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Lead network planning, network architecture design and
- Designs corporate standards and develops network
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisorBASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years optical planning/engineering/operations
- Minimum four (4) years of Data network experience
- Accomplished written and verbal communication skillsADDITIONAL
- Advanced knowledge of Infinera
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience wih network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Experience in etwork devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quicklyPREFERRED
- At least one of the following: CCNP, JNCIS, NRSII or other
- Knowledge of company products and service
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
Keywords: Spectrum, Parker , Network Engineer IV - CBO National Backbone, Other , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!