Network Engineer III - Data & Implementation
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to
millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team
is responsible for the implementation of approved network
architecture and designs. The NE III leads in the planning,
forecasting, implementation and identification of resource
requirements for network systems of high complexity. As a member of
the team, you will design and establish network enhancements while
following corporate standards. You will be sought after for
recommendations for improvement and lead in staff development
efforts. Familiarity with Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA or F5 AFM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with ASA and SRX firewall
- Experience with F5 and A10
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify
and enhance the customer experience.
- Lead network planning, network architecture design and
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical
standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs corporate standards and develops network
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable. BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of Data network experience
(Experience with Cisco and/or Juniper)ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and
standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode
Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and
transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols
and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to
support the current operations
- Experience in network devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and
ability to learn new technology quicklyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of company products and service
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
(Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
- Occasional travel as required
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education;
negotiations begin at $64500
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click .
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Parker , Network Engineer III - Data & Implementation, Other , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!