Leman Academy of Excellence offers a rigorous, classical
education based on the traditions of Western culture where all
disciplines are interrelated allowing scholars the ability to think
independently and critically. We purpose to partner with supportive
parents, pursue excellence, provide a safe and challenging
environment, and instill morals and values in order to produce
tomorrows leaders today.
Core Values are the key to defining our culture. They drive our
decisions and shape our behavior. Below are the Core Values for
Leman Academy of Excellence:
CARE: Every precaution is taken to ensure a safe and secure
environment for every scholar, staff and guests.
CIVILITY: Every scholar, family and employee is treated with
respect and as a valued individual.
COMMUNITY: We strive to build a community where all stakeholders
are motivated to be involved and feel connected and valued.
CLASSICAL EDUCATION: Oversight and training is in place to
ensure we are offering a rigorous, scholar-centered, classical
education program including high expectations, values and virtues
and providing scholars an environment of engaged learning.
General Job Description
Responsible for supporting teachers in instructing scholars
using the classical model of learning combined with data-driven
decision-making. Will support the teacher with the differentiation
of needs and behaviors within one classroom.
Line of Authority/Reports to: Instructional Assistants shall be
directly responsible to the Classroom teacher and under the site
supervision of the Principal.
Works with: Classroom Teacher, Vice Principal, Principal, Head
of School's, Faculty, Department Heads, Office Staff, Health
Services Coordinator, Families and Scholars of Leman Academy.
* High school diploma or GED and;
* An Associate's or higher degree or;
* At least two years of study at an institution of higher
* Passing score on skills assessment (ParaPro)
* Co State and FBI Fingerprinting
* First Aid and CPR Certification.
* A willingness and desire to learn the Classical model of
* A willingness to better understand Miss Masons educational
philosophy and methodology.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
to positively impact community, parents, scholars, administration,
instructional staff and office support staff.
* Strong commitment to supporting and safeguarding the
principles of excellence in classical education.
* Ability to manage conflict resolution with an attitude of
humility and service.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with
scholars, parents, co-workers, vendors and build relationships.
* Strong commitment to providing leadership in promoting health
and safety, including a healthy environment.
* Ability to operate office equipment as required on assignment;
i.e. fax machine, copier, computer, etc.
* Ability to lift boxes and packages of varying weights and move
them to other locations.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
* Support the learning environment established by the classroom
teacher and enforce rules and procedures for responsible behavior,
maintaining order among the scholars for whom you are
* Prepare materials and instructional resources for use in the
classroom and class activities based on the classical model, as
guided by the classroom teacher.
* Provide Instructional support to scholars using the whole
class approach, small, leveled groups and individually using
various teaching techniques and methods as directed by the
* Provide supervision to scholars in hallways, during drop off,
lunch and pick-up as directed by site Principal. Supervise with a
safety first mindset.
* Read books to entire classes or small groups.
* Administer formative assessments and assignments as directed
by classroom teacher and/or site Principal.
* Maintain accurate and complete scholar records as required by
the school and laws and as directed by classroom teacher.
* Prepare scholars for later grades by encouraging them to
explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging
* Support the Teachers enforcement of administration policies
and rules governing scholars.
* Instruct and monitor scholars in the use and care of equipment
and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
* Attend professional development meetings and training
workshops when requested by Administration in order to maintain and
improve professional skills and competence.
* Perform additional duties as directed by site Principal,
knowing that your position is not exclusive of supporting the
operations and learning of the school site.
* Assist in storing and inventory of classroom equipment,
materials, and supplies.
* Maintain confidentiality per FERPA.
Work Habits and Attitudes:
* Be a self-starter with an ownership attitude.
* Demonstrates a strong sense of drive to meet goals.
* Shows initiative and resourcefulness.
* Performs accurate work in a timely manner.
* Meets deadlines and sets priorities.
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
* Works well with minimum supervision.
* Is dependable and accepts responsibility.
* Shows sensitivity and tact in dealing with others.
* Accepts direction and constructive criticism.
* Cooperates with fellow workers and other departments.
* Follows school policies and safety rules.
* Demonstrates a professional appearance on a daily basis.
* Demonstrates a willingness to work as a team player.
* Embraces collaboration with other professionals.
* Excellent organization, time management and follow-up
* Maintains a professional environment at all times.
Position Type: Part Time (Less than 30 hours a week)
Campus: Parker, CO
Essential functions, as defined under the American with
Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills and other characteristics. This list is illustrative only
and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks
Leman Academy offers a very competitive benefits package and
overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience
Leman Academy of Excellence is an Equal Opportunity