Parker - Parker, CO
This is a temporary position.
About STRIDE Community Health Center
STRIDE is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
with a history of providing primary care and other health-related
services in a community-based setting. Established in 1989 in
response to the primary health care needs of the medically indigent
population in suburban Denver, STRIDE has the largest population
base of any FQHC in Colorado and provides primary care, dental,
pharmacy, behavioral health, health education and outreach and
enrollment services in accordance with its mission. We provide a
positive workplace with a culturally diverse population of
employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team
members. This is a temporary position, assigned as 1.0 FTE
A successful candidate will live STRIDE ICARE
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care
Integrity - doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Compassion - meeting the patient where they're at with empathy.
Accountability - doing what we say we're going to do.
Respect - showing attention to human dignity.
Excellence - having a "growth mindset; striving to learn more and
practice continuous improvement.
What will you be doing in this role? A successful candidate
The Front Door Screener is an important front-line guest contact
for all incoming patients, visitors, non-employed care providers,
vendors and other guests. This position requires a high level of
customer service. The greeter will be responsible for any Pandemic
screening protocols assigned by the Operations and Clinical
departments. This position is responsible for the overall safety of
the environment by utilizing hospitality, communication, problem
solving, and crisis intervention techniques to anticipate visitor's
Knowledge, skill and ability:
- Maintain a high proficiency of knowledge of all STRIDE services
and be able to competently relay high-level service information to
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding of HIPAA and general
- Greets patients in a professional, prompt, courteous, and
- Screens individuals by administering Front Door Screening
Questionnaire and performs temperature checks to all visitor and
employees upon entering the Clinic site through the front
- Assist with navigating patients to their appointment
- Assist with connecting with CASA around any Security requests
pertaining to patient and staff safety
- Follows all STRIDE requirements related to personal protective
equipment (PPE). Adheres to STRIDE health and safety policies and
- Maintain cleanliness of all front door entrance and supplies
(i.e. patient information, pamphlets, clipboards, and forms,
- Maintains adequate level of supplies necessary to perform Front
Door Screening and maintains work areas as necessary to facilitate
clean, smooth operations
- Assist with patient requests as needed
- Ability to interact positively and build rapport with patients,
coworkers and/or external contacts.
- Ability to work in a busy, demanding environment and problem
solve in the moment Ability to demonstrate the capability to
effectively and sensitively respond to the needs and concerns of
the full range of STRIDE's diverse patient population.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to diffuse upset
- Ability to handle sensitive information ethically and
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of patient, employee and
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with others
- Ability to work independently and organize work in a manner
that ensures accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to
changing needs and situations.
- Ability to learn and assist with the facilities emergency
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, OT and
Saturdays as needed.
- Ability to follow instructions on safe use of all hazardous
equipment and chemicals.
- Ability to perform tasks with the necessary equipment and
appropriate tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Education or Formal Training:
High School Diploma
or the equivalent
Must have excellent communication and
problem-solving skills. Crisis intervention, defense tactics
training experience preferred, but willing to train.
Material and equipment directly used:
and electric tools, handcart/dolly, personal vehicle,Cell phone and
Computer, iPad, printer, multi-line telephone systems, fax machine,
copy machine, calculator, and all Microsoft Office products
including Outlook, Excel and the internet.
Working environment/physical activities:
environment within a clinical setting. Moves about the office
environment and to other locations. Moves objects up to 25lbs and
50lbs occasionally. Communicates information to others.
Discerns/analyzes information from others to assist in decision
making. Enters data into computer programs via computer, mouse and
keyboard. Physical work in all weather and road conditions,
including rain, snow, hail, and below freezing temperatures.
Regularly required to stand and walk.
** A valid driver's license will be required for any position
requiring driving between STRIDE locations. **
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
STRIDE conducts a background check, criminal history, education,
license, and certification.
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and
perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our
organization. STRIDE is committed to making all employment
decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be
discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of
employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the
individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin
or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran
status. STRIDE does not discriminate against any "qualified
applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they
do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.