Personal Banker - Parker Branch
Company: Westerra Credit Union
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Westerra strives to be an employer of choice in a highly
competitive environment. To achieve our business objectives, we are
focused on attracting, developing, empowering, retaining, and
motivating a highly qualified workforce. Therefore, we provide
competitive compensation and benefits, and further differentiate
our internal brand with a unique purpose that binds us all with our
members and the communities we serve. Our Total Rewards programs
make Westerra a compelling place for talented people to grow their
careers. We are committed to creating a high performance
environment that fosters and rewards excellence and improves the
lives of our employees by providing:
- Purpose & Culture: Our team members are passionate about our
WHY and empowered to help our members and community achieve their
- Careers & Well-Being: Our team members experience a feeling of
belonging and support for their career journeys and well-being
(physical, financial, emotional, social, community, career)
- Compensation & Benefits: Pay is awarded fairly, contributions
are rewarded, and programs are available to manage health and
wealth. A list of some of our benefits can be viewed at the end of
Salary: This position starts at $20/hr and is eligible for an
annual bonus based off organizational performance. Please note: for
internal transfers, Westerra's Compensation Guidelines will be used
to determine the appropriate promotional increase.
What is the role?
The FSR will provide exceptional service to our members with loan
and account requests. They will identify and recommend financial
products and services to members in order to help them achieve
financial success and build member loyalty. Through a consultative
approach, the FSR will deepen the member relationship and truly
help Westerra's membership meet their financial goals.
What will be expected of me?
- Identifies the financial needs of new and existing members
through open-ended questions and job related tools to provide
products and services to members to maximize quality relationships
with the credit union through a consultative approach.
- Acts as a true consultant by helping members through credit
counseling and budgeting, assisting them with improving their
credit scores and/or helping them plan for future goals.
- Opens new accounts, originates all consumer loans (includes
HELOC and all home equity lines of credit) and assists members with
- Demonstrates the use of automated services to new and existing
members in order to increase the usage of automated services such
as online banking, eStatements, and bill pay set-up.
- Opens business accounts and supports business membership with
service needs as it relates to bill pay, OLB and account
access/authorized users and merchant service needs.
- Promotes and educates members on credit union products and
services based on member needs that are realized from member
conversations, answer member questions regarding their account and
all products/services including but not limited to: ACH
transactions, stop payments, VISA Debit Card, On-line banking, Bill
Pay, wire transfers, Share Certificates, deposit rates, and account
- Opens and services all complex accounts including but not
limited to IRA's, trust accounts, estate accounts, and conservator
- Accountable for achieving individual consultative sales/service
performance goals and expectations.
- Provides prompt, consistent, courteous and personal service to
- Mentors and coaches other branch staff employees.
- Adheres to all Westerra policies and procedures and Federal and
State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union.
- Consistently demonstrates the Westerra Way Experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System
(NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and
Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration
process, which includes a criminal background and credit check.
This registration process takes place post-employment. Failure to
meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements,
including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit report,
may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of
Will I have Direct Reports? No
What I'm bringing---
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in consumer lending and/or
- Banking or credit union experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Sales aptitude/Sales Focused
- Member/Customer Focus
- Active Listening
- Results Oriented
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and
- Consultative Skills
- Can be accountable for the completion of assigned tasks and
projects with supervision
- Uses judgement with supervision
- Understands the basic business line and operating
- Able to handle problems that are not particularly difficult nor
What is the work environment like, and are there physical
requirements for this role?
Office environment / Works primarily at desk
Some of our benefit offerings...
- Three Health Plans through UHC that offer a variety of coverage
Options, at extremely competitive premiums
- Two Dental Plans that Westerra also contributes to - Being with
Delta Dental means that any covered dependent under the age of 13
has coverage 100% for practically everything until their 13th
- We offer HSA and FSA options, and for the HSA, Westerra
contributes $600/year for Employee Only and $1200/year for Employee
- Westerra pays for Basic Life and AD&D, Short Term
Disability and Long Term Disability
- 20 days of Paid Time Off
- 11+ Paid Holidays
- Up to $5250 per year for Educational Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (16 hours per year), and if you use all of
your VTO, you are awarded with an additional PTO day each year
- 2 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement (401K) - Match up to 4% and eligible for 7% Profit
Share as well!
- Awesome Anniversary Program that consists of PLAY(Paid Leave
for Anniversary Year)
- Year 5: 5 days of PLAY
- Year 10: 10 days of PLAY
- Year 15: 15 days of PLAY
- Year 20: 20 days of PLAY
- Every 5 years thereafter: 20 days of PLAY
- Each "non-milestone" year: 1 day of PLAY
More about Westerra---
Westerra credit union was formed by eight schoolteachers, who
pooled their funds in 1934 to be able to make loans to other
teachers. These visionary leaders created Denver Public Schools
Credit Union, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned and
controlled by the members who use its services. Its purpose was to
put the members first when offering financial services and treat
them as valued owners. Today, the credit union remains focused on
that same mission and purpose. During more than 85 years of
operation, we have greatly expanded our products and services to
meet the changing needs of our members. But our "people helping
people" philosophy remains the same. Our highly professional,
knowledgeable and friendly staff is dedicated to serving our
members. What differentiates Westerra Credit Union from others is
our low fees and top-notch service.
Keywords: Westerra Credit Union, Parker , Personal Banker - Parker Branch, Other , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!