Mortgage Loan Officer
Company: Westerra Credit Union
Posted on: November 19, 2022
What is the role?
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for assisting members and
potential members through the mortgage loan application process.
With a duel focus on current member referrals as well as outside
sales to attract new members. Branch MLOs will work in conjunction
with their branch partners to provide superior service to our
members. As well as develop and build referral relationships with
realtors, builders and other sources in order to proactively
solicit our Westerra (Portfolio and Secondary Market) business,
conducting sales related activities to meet loan volume origination
goals, Counseling applicants and working with the operations staff
throughout the entire process.
Salary: Commission with competitive incentives
What will be expected of me?
- Work in conjunction with your branch partners to provide
superior service to our members assisting them with their mortgage
- Develop and build referral relationships with external sources
such as realtors, builders and others to proactively promote
Westerra's portfolio and secondary market mortgage products.
- Conduct a thorough and detailed interview with members and
potential new members to identify their financial needs. Evaluate
and structure first and closed end second mortgage
- Initiate and guide members timely through a detailed and
comprehensive loan application process in Mortgage Cadence, the
Credit Union's Loan Operating System (LOS) according to established
department policies, processes and procedures.
- Analyze credit, run initial automated underwriting engine (DU)
follow findings and/or company standards.
- Obtain and review all documentation for completeness, accuracy
and adherence to the Credit Union's quality standards for due
diligence and data integrity.
- Ensure all appropriate disclosures and required documents are
issued within the required timeframes to meet compliance standards
including but not limited to HMDA, RESPA, Reg Z, and/or the Credit
Union's lending policies.
- Communicate in a continuous and timely manner with all parties
involved in the transaction (internal and external) to ensure
clarity, according to Westerra's established service standards.
Properly document all communications in the LOS.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Production requirements are a minimum of $1,000,000 a month in
closed first/second mortgage loans after the first six (6) months
- Continue education and training as needed for company, state,
federal and investor requirements and guidelines to keep current on
all mortgage products, procedures and guidelines.
- Complete monthly and weekly required reports as determined by
- Review and coach the work of lower level professionals within
- Other duties as assigned.
Will I have Direct Reports? No
What I'm bringing---
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years mortgage lending experience
- NMLS Registration
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sales and marketing ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact well with others in a positive manner
- Strong Computer skills including a Loan Operating System
(preferred Mortgage Cadence) Microsoft Office applications
- Desktop Underwriter
- 10 key, HP or Financial Calculator
- Ability to Learn and demonstrate that learning on the job
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management
- Must maintain high-level of confidentiality
- Can be accountable for managing projects/processes, working
independently with limited supervision
- Acts autonomously on most decisions. Requires guidance on more
- Advanced understanding of the business line and a growing
understanding of the overall organization and competitive
- Able to handle problems that are difficult and sometimes
- Ability to influence timelines, expectations, and proactively
negotiate within department
What is the work environment like, and are there physical
requirements for this role?
Office environment and outside field marketing
Keywords: Westerra Credit Union, Parker , Mortgage Loan Officer, Other , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!