Referral Coordinator - Parker Square
Company: OnPoint Medical Group
Posted on: March 17, 2023
OnPoint Medical Group is searching for an outstanding Referral
Coordinator to join our team at Parker Square! Come join a great
group of medical professionals as our network continues to
grow!OnPoint Medical Group is a physician-led network of skilled
Primary and Urgent care providers who are committed to expanding
access to quality healthcare in the most effective and affordable
manner possible.Our "Circle of Care" has one primary goal - to
ensure the health and wellness of members and their families. We do
this by providing access to a comprehensive menu of medical
services from one unified physician group in their neighborhoods.
With doctors, nurses, specialists, labs and medical records all
interlinked and coordinated, patient care has never been in better
hands.Summary/Objective: The Referral Coordinator is an on-site, in
person position responsible for handling referrals and calling the
prospective patients to schedule appointment, ensuring that
appropriate authorizations are requested, received and recorded in
the EMR. Enters progress notes and other pertinent information into
the electronic medical record based on application of practices and
procedures. This position does not have the option to work
remotely. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:The following
statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and
do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be
required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and
additional functions of the job at any time. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Obtains, coordinates and schedules referrals.
- Routinely checks physicians' schedules for any additional
add-on appointments requiring referrals.
- Serves as a representative to referring physician offices,
insurance carriers and patients.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure all referrals are
- Assists with coordination of activities related to insurance
- Facilitates prior authorizations and ensures prior approval
requirements are met.
- Performs administrative duties including referral processing,
patient registration, verification of benefits, insurance
authorizations, patient appointment scheduling, program
communication to potential candidates and communication with
- Backs up front desk when needed. Job Knowledge and Skills: ---
Knowledge of medical office procedures --- Knowledge of managed
care organizations and insurance carriers' requirements of
pre-notification of medical services --- Knowledge of medical
terminology required --- Must have excellent verbal communication
skills --- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive
information --- Knowledge of computer and job-related software
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two
years related experience in a medical practice in insurance
processing and follow up.Experience Required:
- Minimum of two years medical business office experience.
Demonstrate strong leadership and problem-solving abilities. High
level interpersonal skills, knowledge of information systems
- Ability to complete individual assigned tasks as well as
completing the tasks for the success of the clinic.
- Works well with people and can display empathy
- Ability to actively listen and respond appropriately.
- Accurately maintains medical records for patients and provider.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position has no supervision
responsibilities. Job Elements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch,
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move more than 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. The above
statements describe the general nature and level of work performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.BENEFITS OFFERED
- Health insurance plan options for you and your dependents
- Dental, and Vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Company Paid life insurance
- Voluntary options for short-term disability, and long-term
- AFLAC Plans
- FSA options
- Eligible for 401(k) after 6 months of employment with a 4%
match that vests immediately
- Paid Time-Off earned Salary: $18 - $21 / hourThe estimate
displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired.
Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may
include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have
and comparison to other employees already in this role.OnPoint
Medical Group is an EEO Employer. #ID22#PM22
Keywords: OnPoint Medical Group, Parker , Referral Coordinator - Parker Square, Other , Parker, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...